1) A Spektrum or Futaba based transmitter (See Compatibilty Chart)
Find a blank model memory, choose "HELI MODE" (even for planes!!!) and choose "single Servo", not CCPM or any other multi servo configurations.
2) A Spektrum(DSM2, NOT DSMX) or Futaba receiver
3) The USB to Jack lead provided with your simulator or a suitable lead- See Compatibilty Chart.
Note regarding Spektrum DSMX
You MUST use a DSM2 receiver, NOT a DSMX receiver.
SIMSTICK PRO: The new Simstick Pro will be compatible with DSMX
You will need to bind the receiver BEFORE connecting to the simstick. Apply power via a regulated lipo or a NiCad and perform the bind process set out by the manufacturer.
OR you can bind your receiver using Simstick - watch this video for details:
- CAUTION: Care should be taken to ensure that the receiver is correctly installed.
The battery terminals on the receiver must overhang the connection block where the arrow on the Simstick points.
- First, connect the sim lead provided by your Simulator manufacturer to the Jack and USB sockects.
1) If using Phoenix, Reflex please see here...
2) If using Realflight please see here..
- Now connect your SIMSTICK to one of your computer's free USB ports. We recommend you use a USB fly lead to reduce the chance of breakage or stress to the USB connector on the SimStick.
You will find the Aileron, Pitch and Throttle channels will need to be re-assigned in the in the Transmitter setup screen. Either follow your RC flight simulator instructions. Watch video above...
You are now ready to fly. We hope you enjoy using SIMSTICK as much as we do! Please let us know what you think.